Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Archers

It's far too hot today. Odd, considering I've lived in hotter countries that the UK, but the stiff muggyness here is getting to me. It's not helped by the building I live in having a silly, silly rule whereby the window barely opens, and despite the sun shining in almost all day - airflow is massively restricted. As a consequence, I feel like I've been sitting in a sauna all day.

On the other hand, this gives me a perfect opportunity to get to grips with this whole blogging malarkey. I've been listening to the delights of Radio Four today - despite missing I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue I left it on. I'm just about to catch up with The Archers, followed by possibly the most irritating programme ever, Go For It!, one of those over-enthusiastic, hyperactive programmes made for children by adults who desperately wish they had a Peter Pan complex, but instead are compensating with that teeth-jarring jollity that probably irritates the children as much as it does me. And besides, somebody show me the child who voluntarily listens to Radio Four.

I shall put on the Dresden Dolls' Yes, Virginia... instead. I don't know why it's taken me so long to discover them, but they're fantastic - they sound perfect, tongue firmly in cheek but a knowing glint in thier eyes. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment