Saturday, October 13, 2007

Depression

I go through terrible periods where I don't want to get up, interact with anyone (I get a crippling dislike of crowds, which makes attending lectures really difficult) and I can't even motivate myself to shower or eat properly. The easiest description I can think of is a numb feeling like you've been out in the wind and everything hurts but you can't really feel anything - but I have to hold onto that feeling, because otherwise I panic and become wholly irrational (like when you get pins and needles, except it's all over and you want to crawl out of your skin just to get away from it even though it's all in your head and no matter where you go it's still with you).

I wrote this trying to explain to Jim what depression was like - at least for me. I liked it, so I'm going to keep it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment